Wednesday, May 16, 2012

South California

For the first year of our relationship, my husband and I were separated by the mere fact he lived in California. The plus side was it meant that I was able to travel and stay there for almost the entire year.

Throughout that year and the years since, I have been to almost all of the theme parks. Disneyland was really fun but obviously kid oriented. My favorite would be Universal Studios. Two other notable and worth visiting theme parks include Six Flags and Knotts Berry Farm. Both have amazing roller coasters if that's what you are in too. I spent Halloween of 2008 walking around Six Flags for their special Halloween event. People dressed in costumes were jumping out from everywhere trying to scare you. They also had fog throughout the whole park in order to add that spooky Halloween vibe.

Another favorable activity I did was explore the Queen Mary. I am a huge fan of both ghost stories and old historical ships/buildings. I had always wanted to see the Queen Mary and was so excited. However, there is one tour that I found somewhat insulting. Back when the Queen Mary was in use, a little girl drowned in one of the pools that are below deck. While touring the Queen Mary, the crew members take you down to this pool and all of a sudden everything goes black, fog machines turn on and creepy music starts playing. Then, using digital effects, the "ghost" of a little girl appears in the pool. I know this is supposed to be seen as neat and entertaining, but I found it insulting since someone had lost their life. Other than that though, touring the boat was amazing.

One of my favorite parts was going into one of the old German submarines.
They are very neat but very squishy! The photo below is of me just starting to venture down into the submarine. If you are claustrophobic like I am, you will need to mentally prepare yourself for some very tiny spaces without any windows!

No comments:

Post a Comment