Wednesday, May 30, 2012

So many options what to choose?

One of the best parts about living in a country like Canada is that you can enjoy a wide variety of cultures and their traditions. This definitely allows a lot of variety in Canada's food for sure. We get so many options in restaurants for food variety. This is certainly my favorite part in living in a country like Canada. We get to enjoy the little treasures from each part of the world. I'm going to talk about my favorites from all around the world.

Photo by Fling93 on Flickr
First, I love Italian food it is my biggest weak point. A few of the delicacies I enjoy are pastas and desserts. My favorite being ravioli. For desserts, any day i would pick Tiramisu. It makes my mouth water every time. My favorite Italian restaurant in Calgary is Olive Garden. It's motto being that "When you're here, you're family". It for sure lives up to the name and will be my top recommendation.

For the true feel of a Calgarian, I would visit Boston Pizza. This is a casual place where you would often go with your friends to watch a hockey game and sit back with a beer. The pizza offers a variety from the Canadian style meat lovers to a whole lot more.

Photo by FreeFoto.com
For a delicious Asian meal I would choose to go the restaurant Open Sesame. Here is a place where you can sit back and enjoy a bubble tea and some stir fry in a perfect Asian setting.

Last but not least, we have a great Indian cuisine available in Calgary as well. If you are looking for a spicy kick in your food and love Indian food, this is a place you must visit. Glory of India restaurant is a lovely place for you to go with your friends and family and enjoy the taste of fresh, authentic Indian food.

I hope this blog helped you find some places in Calgary where you can visit and have a great meal. Enjoy multicultural Calgary and its many flavors.

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea Boston Pizza is a Canadian company until I watched "The Dragon's Den". It was hilarious that they were renamed to "Vancouver Pizza" during the Stanley Cup run in 2011. I enjoyed Olive Garden as well, but I Bona Roma in COP for their scrumptious pizzas. So good that I don't mind driving all the way to COP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth seems watering!! I'm totally agree what you are saying. Canada is a multicultural country and it embedded different prople, races and cultures. Even though I am an international student, I'm fully affected by Canadian culture. I'm not just having Chinese food anymore.In Calgary, I have the access to traditional Korean and Japanese food. I love to try different kinds of food and enrich my life as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the advantages of Canada being so diverse is the food variety! I enjoy Boston Pizza and Open Sesame. Two very different restaurants, but equally good.

    ReplyDelete