Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Great Story: The Pursuit of Happyness

I have seen so many movies in my life which enrich my personal experience all the time. While, "The Pursuit of Happiness" is the most impressive one.

Photo from DM's blog
Till now, I could still remember there is one paragraph in the movie, "I'm the type of person,if you ask me a question, and I don't know the answer,I'm gonna tell you that I don't know.But I bet you what: I know how to find the answer, and I'll find the answer." I'm confused about how Chris Gardner can control himself stay in optimistic and positive when he was in such an embarrassed situation. It is unbelievable, isn't it? Chris Gardner, who is acted by Will Smith, is a sales person for medical equipments. When Chris was 28 years old, he saw his father. After that, he decided to be a good father and made up his mind to provide his son a harmonious home. However, his career  was like a long and bumpy road. Therefore, he has to run around and try to promote his medical equipment between hospitals. In order to give his son a better  life, he has to depend on this kind of job. Because of his poverty, his wife left him and their son for New York. What's worse, tax collectors dig his bank account and left him with $21.33 to survive. As a result, he has to find a shelter in a church with his son, Christopher. Unexpectedly, he knew that to be a broker does not really need a degree, then he decided to find a broker manager, Jay Twistle. Based on his persistence and sparkling saying, he got a chance to have a competition with 20 interviewees.Whoever gets the highest sales, who wins. But the problem is these interviewees were not paid within 6 months.Only with 20 dollars, he could not feed his son. He has to sell blood to make a living. However, Chris doesn't give up, on the contrast, he worked much harder and taught his to be optimistic. After an internship program with Dean Witter, he got that job and made a living. Eventually, Chris stood out by his own effort, not only established his own company,but also become a young millionaire.

This is a true story happened to a man, whose name is  Chris Gardner. After watching this movie, I feel so motivated. I believe that all we need to trust is that no pains no gains.

1 comment:

  1. This is such an amazing movie! By far one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete