Wednesday, May 16, 2012

FRENCH




French food, French men, French language! I love French. A couple of years ago, started to learn French at school. I really enjoyed learning about the culture and language. Although I am not so good at speaking it, I am able to read and write it. Two years ago I went to Winnipeg to learn French through this program called Explore. It is a five-week immersion course where you got to learn how to read and write French. This program allows you to meet new people from all over the world and to experience something new.

It was my first time traveling alone to a city I haven’t been to before. The city of Winnipeg is actually really nice although it did rain a lot! During the weekdays, we were in class from 9-3. I learned the basics of French like how to greet people, ask for things and how to describe things by color and texture. I thought this experience has made me become more independent, it allowed me to learn the language I adore and meet amazing people.

The year after that, I went to a little town near Halifax. This place was really different compared to the big city of Winnipeg. You could not get to anywhere unless you had a car, and during the day there were a lot of school activities like concerts, bingo and outings to the beach. In the little town they focused on pronunciations. We were taught how to say things in past tense, present tense and future. It was a really good and memorable experience that I will never forget about. I hope in the near future that I get a chance to go to Paris or Montreal to learn more about the culture and language.

No comments:

Post a Comment