Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Butter Chicken Anyone?

Butter chicken has been and still is a very popular dish in the East Indian culture. It is a type of curry served with either naan, which is a type of pita, or served with rice. I prefer my butter chicken with rice! You can also go to this website for a more professional recipe of butter chicken but below is a recipe of how I make butter chicken, it serves around 5 people and takes about 45 minutes.
Ingredients:
2 pounds of chicken
2 pieces of garlic
1 piece of ginger
1 tomato
½ tsp garlic salt
2 ½ tsp curry paste
1tsp butter chicken masala
1tsp hot pepper
1tsp paprika
1tsp salt
250ml whipping cream

 Preparations:
  • Slice onions and heat in a frying pan until onions turn reddish brown.
  • Place the onions, garlic, tomatoes, ginger, butter chicken masala, garlic salt, curry paste, hot pepper, paprika, salt and whipping cream in a bowl and mix together very well.
  • Cut and wash the chicken add it to the spice mixture.
  • Place the coated chicken into a large cooking pot and add ½ of water.
  • Heat in the oven or in a large pan on the stove until the chicken is well cooked.
  • As it is cooking the curry will become thick and become a red or orange color.
Enjoy!

image from food pages

5 comments:

  1. I love butter chicken! My mom usually just gets a jar from the store and puts chicken and rice with it...its still not as good as the real stuff though. I'm pretty much the worst cooker ever, but this doesn't seem too hard to follow, maybe I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you get the hang of making it, it is not too hard at all! And yes I love butter chicken too!

      Delete
  2. I can't believe you posted you own butter chicken recipe! I will post my banana bread recipe later today! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I will definitely try to make this! I love eating butter chicken; it’s so tasty and has so much favor. I like going to Mango Shiva on 8th Avenue. It is beautifully decorated with an affordable budget. I first tried butter chicken in high school and loved it ever since. I also like garlic naan bread! It goes really well with butter chicken. Do you know of any other good places to try?

    ReplyDelete