Sunday, June 17, 2012

Skincare review

Photo took by Tracy 
Here is what Sasa.com claims:
"My Beauty Diary Sake Yeast Mask is enriched with Sake Yeast Extract, which works to boost metabolism and skin renewal by increasing temperature of skin surface. Collagen, the principal element for cuticle renewal, is added to provide skin with necessary nutrients.


Cactus extract containing Flavonoids, Polysaccharides and amino acid helps hydrating skin, while Grapefruit Extract controls sebum secretion, and Algae Extract helps improving metabolism.

For all skin types. For sensitive skin, please undergo dermatological test before use.

How to use it
Place mask on cleansed and toned face. Leave on for 20-30 minutes and then peel off. Gently massage until all remaining beauty lotion is absorbed". 


What do I think? 
This mask smells like alcohol (sake or vodka). The mask out of the package wasn't too juicy, like FaceQ Masks. After removing the mask, my skin felt soft and a bit brighter as the package claims. My acne scars still are visible, but I wasn't expecting miracles. I'm not sure about controlling sebum secretions or improving metabolism, but my skin feels refreshed after.
Rating: 4/5 
I think this mask is good for hydrating and brightening. My skin feels very fresh after. Thus, we could also purchase it from T&T calgary. 





Photo took by Tracy Right to Left: Jasmine Mango, Wild Rose

I purchased Jasmine again because it was so moisturizing and I sometimes use it on my cuticles and my super dry nose.  The two new ones are Mango and Wild Rose. I love both! I have been using Wild Rose a lot because it gives a "just bitten" color to my lips. And Mango! the smell is delicious! I could sniff that stuff all day! 


So below is a summary of what the lip butter is courtesy of Sephora.com


What it is:
A rich, buttery lip balm that melts on the lips and offers a shiny, tinted finish. 

What it does:
This rich butter leaves lips deeply moisturized, supple, and kissably soft. Korres Lip Butters are formulated with natural oils and extracts to soothe and condition lips. Shea butter and rice wax provide lasting hydration and softness. This shiny, juicy pop of color comes in an array of "flavors" and is ideal for dry lips. 

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
Parabens- Sulfates- Synthetic Fragrances- Petrochemicals- Phthalates- GMOs- Triclosan"

Wild Rose: 
Has a faint smell of rose. Gives a nice "just bitten" color to you lips. Great for giving a bit of color to you face. I use it sometimes as a blusher too if I forget mine. Texture is very moisturizing and not sticky. 


Mango: 
YUMMI would be how I describe the scent. Honestly, it doesn't really smell like Mango, but it has a very fruity smell that isnt too sweet. The color pay off is just right for me. It's sheer but has a pretty coral tint to it. 


Who would like these
If you are not usually a lip stick wearer. Someone who doesn't want a really opaque color on their lips. Someone who wants super soft moist lips! 

Have you tried Korres lip butters? Which is your favorite??

No comments:

Post a Comment