Sunday, June 17, 2012

Montreal


Montreal is in the province of Quebec. It is the second largest city in Canada. First place is Toronto, Ontario. French is the city's official language followed by English. It is also the second largest French-speaking city in the world after Paris.

Connie and Denise
picture belongs to my sister
The place I want to go this summer is Montreal. I haven’t been there yet but I heard its beautiful and has tons of things to do. I want to go to Montreal because I love the French language and food. I am planning on going with my friend for a week to explore the city in August. My sisters, Connie and Shirley have been there before to visit friends I get really jealous when my sisters always go on vacations without me! For instance, they are both in Las Vegas for Electric Daisy Carnival and are planning on going to Canmore together at the end of the month. 

Denise
picture belongs to my sister
There are a couple of things I want to do there such as going to the Biosphère Environment Museum, City Hall, Grand Prix du Canada, Allez Up, and Arbraska and la Forêt des Aventures. I want to go to these places because we don't have a Biosphere Environment Museum or Grand Prix du Canada etc.. In Montreal they have different facilities than we do in Calgary. I think it would be very fun to try new things. I am interested in cars so going to Grand Prix du Canada would be really exciting and entertaining. I wished Calgary had more things to do like car races, adventures in the forest and more museums.  

pasta
picture belongs to my sister
Food places in Montreal I want to try:
Denise and Connie
picture belongs to my sister
Bar & Boeuf - They serve sea bass and beef. The chef Alexandre Gosslin also has a tasting menu for $80. I want to try the tasting menu because my sisters said it was really good with lots of favours. They said that the pasta they got was delicious and had a lot of vegetables and meat within it. 
Boustan Restaurant - I want to try this restauant because they grill chicken, shawarma, kaffta and fallafel pitas on charcoal. This place is also open late which is good so you can eat it after you go clubbing. 
Shirley and Connie
picture belongs to my sister







3 comments:

  1. You should definitely go to Montreal! I went there for my brother's engagement party and I had a lot of fun. I did not get to go to many places as we were only there for less than a week. It is really beautiful and the people there are very nice. The place kind of reminds me of Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Montreal such a great city and cultural in it's own way, almost like a miny France. The food is great too, I haven't been there in quite some time, but I would definitely go back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Montreal is now safe to visit, as it seems they have a riot culture unlike anywhere in Canada. It is a beautiful city that is more like Europe than Canada. I am interested in trying their Montreal Smoked-meat, poutine etc. Yum!

    ReplyDelete