Monday, June 18, 2012

CHI Word

photo took from geography Tai chi at low tide 
Chi -- when pronounced "chee", Ch'i is an idea prevalent in China; it "can be translated as the 'Supreme Ultimate Force'. The notion of 'supreme ultimate' is often associated with the Chinese concept of yin-yang, the notion that one can see a dynamic duality (male/female, active/passive, dark/light, forceful/yielding, etc.)".I see an acupuncturist frequently and am always amazed at how I feel physically after those sessions, when she's stirred up the Chi and it dances through my bones and veins.




chi -- when pronounced "shy", Chi is a nickname for Chicago, "Chi-town".

photo took from Culturally Authentic Pictorial Lexicon 
chi -- when pronounced "Ki" (long "i") Chi is the Greek letter "X"; Greece is the first foreign land I fell head over heels in love with for its archaeology and its mythology and its climate and its history and its people; it is the 22nd letter of the alphabet that I set myself to memorize in high school just because I thought it would be cool (such. a. freak.)



chi -- when sounded out as an anagram, CHI stands for "Computer Human Interaction" design, the thing I do for a living


chi -- when rolled into something entirely new, chi pom pom pom is the enigmatic name of lolabola's blog, the beautiful bailaora whom I have never met, but who seems like an old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment